Interested in learning more about the European Union's programme for research and innovation and the current green transition call for Africa? Looking to connect with potential partners to apply?
JOIN OUR TRAINING AND MATCHMAKING EVENT ON THE GREEN DEAL AFRICA CALL !
The new AEIP webinar series aim to improve the level of understanding and visibility of African innovation stakeholders of the Africa Green Deal call (please find more information about the call below), as well as to facilitate the development of viable partnerships to apply for the call.
The webinar will be separated into two components:
- The first component (first session) will focus on presenting the H2020 as a whole and the specific call. It is intended mainly for African stakeholders who may have limited knowledge and understanding of how to apply for H2020. It will also target tech hubs and other multiplier organisations who may like to share information on the call among their beneficiaries.
- The second component (second session) will focus on facilitating the development of partnerships between African and European organisation in order to apply to the call by the January deadline, by means of an on-line matchmaking event. It is intended for both European and African stakeholders.
- Develop practical knowledge on how to obtain information and apply to the Horizon 2020 programme and the Green Deal Africa call
- Understand the different eligibility conditions and participation modalities to the programme
- Learn the basic reflexes on how to apply for the call
- Find the matching partner to form a consortium for the call
The webinars will be held online on 1st and 2nd December 2020 at 10am CET time (GMT +1). Each webinar will last for 1,5 hours. The AEIP welcomes research centres, start-ups, corporate firms, tech hubs, NGO’s to join the webinars!
If you are interested in joining either session, please register using the following link by November 23rd: https://fr.surveymonkey.com/r/H2020GreenCallAIEP. Otherwise, feel free to share this invitation among your network of potentially interested organisations.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Africa Green Deal call:
The European Commission has published a call for research project proposals “Accelerating the green transition and energy access Partnership with Africa”. This call has been launched within the framework of the European Green Deal’s ambitions to support research and innovation light of building a low carbon and climate resilient future. In particular, the call wishes to support innovation in order to enable African countries to pursue sustainable pathways to development through a low-carbon, climate resilient and green growth trajectory and leapfrogging fossil fuel technologies. The African continent has an enormous renewable energy potential which remains to be fully unleashed. The adoption of innovative, affordable and efficient renewable energy solutions will support Africa in achieving sustainable development growth and economic transformation.
The call seeks to support research and innovation projects which demonstrate innovative sustainable energy solutions that consider climate adaptation and mitigation potential compared to other technologies/solutions in the African social, economic and environmental contexts. The solutions may address the development of renewable energy sources, including solutions for off-grid communities, and their integration into the existing energy system, considering the generation of renewable energy, the transmission, and the use of storage/battery systems; or energy efficiency.
Solutions should consider both urbanised and rural contexts in Africa, and the ongoing water-energy-food nexus action, with the aim of providing sustainable energy access (electricity/cooking) and/or creating improved health, economic wealth and jobs (productive use of energy/energy efficiency). Finally, actions should design, construct, commission and operate the demonstration installation.
The call uses a single stage deadline and application procedure, and is open until the 26th of January 2021.
If you want to learn more about this call, please go here: https://africaeurope-innovationpartnership.net/news/call-proposals-accelerating-green-transition-and-energy-access-partnership-africa