On 23rd February at 3pm CET (Paris time), the Africa Europe Innovation Partnership (AEIP) will organise a one hour webinar "Why Intellectual Property matters: an African Tech Hub perspective". This webinar will focus on exploring key concepts and definitions regarding Intellectual Property and Intellectual Property management. It is designed to provide tech hub managers, entrepreneurs, tech transfer offices and other innovators with an understanding of these basic concepts and how they can put them to use in their day to day work.
- Learn about key concepts and definition relating to IP management and protection
- Increase your understanding of the value of IP and adequate management
- Understand the different types of IP, the means of protection and when to apply them
- Learn about how to provide better support to businesses and inventors looking to protect their ideas
- Explore key steps and phases of Intellectual Asset Management
How to join us?
- Identify the right person to attend the webinar (preferably someone from your organisation's management team)
- Register for our session here: https://rb.gy/6pnkct
- For any question contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet the speaker: Dr. Joanne van Harmelen, ENSafrica
Dr. van Harmelen heads the Biotechnology and Life Sciences cluster in the intellectual property department at ENSafrica, Africa’s largest law firm. She is a qualified patent attorney, with more than 10 years of experience in patent filing and prosecution as well as IP transactional matters in the biotech and pharmaceuticals sectors. Her expertise extends to the assessment of the patentability of inventions, preparation and filing of patent applications locally and abroad, performance of freedom-to-operate assessments, general IP commercial transactional advice, IP due diligence assessments, and advice on IP and biotech- related legislation, in particular, legislation relating to publicly financed research & development; bioprospecting involving indigenous biological resources and traditional knowledge; and genetically modified organisms. Her clients include leading international companies with global operations as well as start-ups.
Please check the flyer below to learn more!